Cloud as a Service: features
The most important features of our GIG.tech managed cloud service.
Benchmarks have shown that we beat major public cloud performance consistently - for IO, networking as well as compute.
One of our clients was unsure whether they should refurbish their existing in-house IT, move to AWS Outposts or move all IT to an AWS cloud.
So we made this 3 year TCO comparison.
3 year TCO comparison (relative - CAPEX + OPEX)
Capabilities in a nutshell
The GIG.tech Cloud as a Service delivers a highly competitive feature set. It allows you to start delivering complex cloud services instantaneously anywhere and anytime you want
- Integration options
- Cloud capacity
- Audit and security
- Public cloud
- Integrated billing
- Create KVM based virtual machines up to 512 GB RAM / 64 vCores
- Best UnixBench and IO Bench scores versus major clouds
- 99,99% reliability due to self-healing logic, hitless upgrades, live migration, highly available block storage
- GIG.tech provided and maintained images, possibility to deliver your own image and templates, automated multi-location image management through GIG.tech Management Portal (Meneja)
- Migration from any cloud to GIG.tech and vice versa through import / export OVA, migration scripting through CLI or automated mass migration through third party apps like Rackware
- Anti PICNIC (problem in chair not in computer) features - trash-bin for all user initiated deletes and automated snapshotting
- High performance SSD-like block storage - create virtual disks ranging from 10 GB / 400 IOPS to 2 TB / 20 000 IOPS
- > 99,99% availability and reliability
- Manage QoS per virtual disk: IOPS, throughput, bursting, separate read/write QoS or combined
- Automated and user initiated snapshotting
- Very efficient usage of backend due to erasure coding and transaction log based storage
- High reliability through self-healing capabilities, anti-bit-rot protection, full redundancy
- High performance internal networking - up to 10/25/... Gbps (Depending on HW choices)
- Fully redundant connections to external networks
- Possibility to connect several private and public external networks - effectively slicing the location
- Our Cloudspace service allows users to build complex, multi-layer routed networks, with support for DHCP
- Our Cloudspaces each have a fully private OSI level 2 network, creating a VLAN-like network environment for virtual machines inside
- Our Cloudspace service offers virtual networking fire-walled from external networks through a fully configurable virtual router
- Multi-location networking- automatically set up an IPSeC based routed and encrypted overlay network between VDCs in different locations
- You can bring your own firewall appliance rather than using the VDC provided virtual router
- Services deployed in cloudspaces can be exposed via the buil tin reverse proxy or load balancer in the virtual firewall or by making port forwards (NAT) from the virtual firewall to the deployment inside the cloudspace
- Infrastructure as Code with a maintained and free to use Terraform provider
- Full and documented API
- Maintained and tested playbooks to set up multi-location Kubernetes clusters
- Detailed metering and rating reports available via API for integration with any billing and cloud management portal
- Cloud units
We use cloud units to dimension and calculate the net-usable cloud capacity available to users. Cloud units are also used to measure the amount of cloud capacity used and are an easy way to bill your customers.
- Capacity predefined configurations
We have predefined hardware configurations to make it easy to install, manage and maintain the infrastructure.
Option to deploy without connecting to internet - can be deployed in full private and firewalled network
User authentication via integrated IAM - supports multi-factor authentication
Full searchable audit trace of all actions taken by all users
- Automated SSH key management
- Management connection without RDP or SSH - avoiding brute force attacks on management interfaces
- Data encryption options - at rest and on move
- Full audit trace of all management actions performed
Full multi-tenant implementation
Fine grained usage metering and rating supports pay as you use billing mechanisms
Billing interface to easily integrate in any billing software available
Manage your Microsoft SPLA licenses to be in sync for auditing with Octopus.cloud integration
Public, private and hybrid white labeling options
Metering based invoice generation based on the used Cloud Units.
Payment collection via Stripe, Flutterwave & Paymob (We add support for more payment providers as needed)